The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Ever had a sweet and savory pizza? It’s one of my favorites. I’m not a “pineapple on pizza” kind of girl, but I know there are some people out there that love it, and they would love this, too!
Hear me out, you have to have the right amount of sweetness for a pizza like this to work. Cooked peaches and pulled pork are the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavor.
We’re trying to be a little more healthy, so we used a pre-made cauliflower crust from Heinen’s, which was delicious! It’s smaller, so it cooks faster and don’t forget that Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce.
For the Pulled Pork
- Foil wrap
- Heinen’s Garlic and Mustard Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 honey
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. salt and pepper
- 1 peach, sliced with skin on
For the Pizza
- 1 pre-made cauliflower crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, chunked
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a tray with foil and add pork tenderloin followed by apple cider vinegar, onions, honey, BBQ sauce and seasonings.
- Seal the foil around the tenderloin and bake for 3 hours.
- Once cooked, open the foil packet (be careful of the steam). Use 2 forks to pull the pork apart. Mix the BBQ sauce mixture all around the pork and then add sliced peaches. Reseal loosely and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pork and peaches from oven, and set oven to 400°F.
- Construct cauliflower crust pizza with a little mozzarella cheese, but not all of it (there should be some marinara sauce on the store bought crust. If not, a little sauce, too.)
- Start adding your desired amount of pulled pork and layer any additional toppings as you see fit. Make sure the peaches are spread out!
- Bake pizza for 15 minutes or the time listed in the instructions on the boxed crust.
- Sprinkle honey and goat cheese, if desired.