The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Pump up your next batch of pancakes with a pinch of pumpkin spice and a handful of chocolate!
Pancakes are a weekend staple in our household, and we always like to tailor their flavor to the season. Seeing as it’s fall, the only logical flavor to feature (at least in my mind) is pumpkin spice.
I love cooking from scratch, but some mornings I simply don’t have the time or energy to measure out a long list of ingredients. That’s why I turned to Stonewall Kitchen for these pancakes. Their pumpkin spice pancake mix is about as close to scratch-made as I’ve ever tasted, and all I had to do was mix in milk, eggs and Heinen’s premium chocolate chips.
Top these flapjacks with Heinen’s pure organic maple syrup and your well on your way to be best fall day!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8-10 Pancakes
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen pumpkin pancake & waffle mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Heinen's cage-free egg
- 1/2 cup Heinen's milk chocolate chips
- Heinen's pure organic maple syrup, for topping
- Pepitas, for topping
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the milk.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the pumpkin pancake mix in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- On a griddle or flat skillet over medium-to-medium-low heat, pour the batter into large circles and cook to your desired doneness.
- Top with syrup and pepitas, if desired.