The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Enjoy restaurant quality risotto at home with this easy recipe!
This delicious and unique take on risotto is extremely flavorful and decadent flavorful thanks to savory mushrooms and red wine. It does not matter what kind of red wine you use, so run to your wine rack, or Heinen’s Pick of the Vine section in the Wine Department for inexpensive, quality wine and start cooking!
I love serving this with crisp, thin slices of a toasted Heinen’s baguette and fresh herbs. Basil, oregano and thyme are perfect and add a refreshing contrast of flavors to this indulgent dish.
This is great for a fall dinner or even a dinner party.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 1 lb. Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Heinen’s Arborio rice
- 1 cup red wine
- 6 cups Heinen’s chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Heinen’s baguette, toasted, for serving
- Fresh herbs, for serving
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of Heinen’s olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1 lb. of sliced Portobello mushrooms, sliced shallot, ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. black pepper to the pot. Sauté for 10 minutes, until the liquid is reduced and the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Remove the mushrooms from the pot.
- Add 2 cups of Heinen’s Arborio rice and the red wine to the pot. Stir constantly until the wine is absorbed.
- Add 2 cups of Heinen’s chicken stock and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- When the liquid is reduced, add another cup of stock to the pot. Continue to stir until most of the liquid is absorbed. Repeat the process three times, using all 6 cups of stock.
- As the last cup of stock simmers down, reduce the heat to low. Add 2 Tbsp. of Heinen’s unsalted butter, 1/2 cup grated Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano and 1/2 of the mushrooms. Stir well and remove from the heat. Serve topped with the remaining mushrooms, fresh herbs and slices of a toasted baguette.