Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1-2 lbs. Brussels sprouts (cut each in half)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 orange
- 4 tbsp. honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeded
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread Brussels sprouts, onion and squash on a large baking sheet. Toss with olive oil & salt until well coated. Place the Brussels sprouts cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Stir and toss making sure the veggies stay separated.
- Make the orange glaze by combining juice from 1 orange with 4 tbsp. honey.
- When the Brussels sprouts are starting to crisp up, add the orange glaze and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds for a beautiful finish.
Recipe and Photography Courtesy of Lauren Egger