The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
Learn to love leeks with each spoonful of this belly-warming soup!
Of all of the vegetables in the garden, there’s a reason I chose to feature leeks in this recipe; they’re delicious when used correctly and offer a host of benefits to your digestive system.
Resembling an oversized scallion or green onion, leeks are an incredible source of soluble dietary fiber which, when consumed, feeds the good bacteria in your gut. This good bacteria then helps reduce inflammation and supports overall digestive health! Pretty impressive for such a simple vegetable, right?
Roasted with cauliflower and onion and simmered on the stove with flavorful spices and fresh lemon, this soup is something your belly will crave all year!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 fresh leeks, remove the bottom and use only the light green part
- 1 tsp. Heinen's paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's garlic powder
- ¼ cup ghee or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 6 cups Heinen's bone broth
- Red pepper flakes, for optional garnish
- Fresh parsley, for optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Place the chopped onion, leeks and cauliflower on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with sea salt, paprika and ghee or avocado oil. Rub the mixture all over the vegetables.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes and, when done, place them in a stock pot with the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, then blend until smooth using an immersion blender. If you like your soup thin, transfer the soup to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in bowls with red pepper flakes and fresh parsley, if desired.