The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
New Year, New Me – right!?
About 23 percent of people’s New Year’s resolutions include living a healthier lifestyle. If you’re in that percentile or feeling weighed down from those big holiday meals, then I’ve got a soup for you! This Roasted Vegetable Soup is incredibly easy to prepare, features seasonal ingredients and is packed full of healthy vitamins and minerals. A few bowls of this and you’ll have no problem conquering your new healthy lifestyle!
My favorite thing about this recipe is that you can add any vegetables you like, and with Heinen’s incredible fresh produce selection, the possibilities are truly endless. I am always in awe when browsing their Produce Department. There seems to be something new and unique each week.
Eggplant, zucchini, ancient sweet peppers and cauliflower are the base of this soup. Drizzle with olive oil, and a healthy dose of Heinen’s Italian seasoning before roasting in the oven, and you’ll be left with a delicious veggie flavor bomb!
Serve this soup however you like, but I have a few suggestions! A nice scoop of sour cream takes this to the next level. I sometimes toss in a few croutons too because they add crunchy texture to the otherwise smooth consistency.
The real secret ingredient that sends this dish over the top is Heinen’s Italian dipping oil. This finishing oil is flavored with natural herbs, garlic and more. A few drizzles over this hot soup is really a nice touch!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 Large Bowls
- 1 eggplant, halved
- 1 small zucchini, halved
- 1/2 head cauliflower, sliced
- 3 ancient sweet peppers or bell peppers
- 2 white onions, quartered
- 5 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 heads garlic
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded
- 5 cups Heinen's vegetable stock
- 1 cup Heinen's coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's Italian seasoning
- Sour cream
- Heinen's dipping oil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Prepare the veggies on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and Heinen’s Italian seasoning blend.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the vegetables and their juices into a Dutch oven or large pot. Squeeze the roasted garlic into the pot. Add Heinen’s vegetable broth and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth with an immersion blender or in a large blender. Add the coconut milk and stir. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Serve with a scoop of sour cream, fresh parsley and a drizzle or two of Heinen’s dipping oil!