The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Fresh, flavorful and full of good-for-you fish, this Salmon Chowder has it all.
Perfectly creamy and filled with savory bacon, potatoes and corn off the cob, the true star of this simple soup is Heinen’s frozen 2-pound Arctic salmon. Frozen to naturally preserve freshness, and for your convenience, this beautiful salmon is sustainably raised by a third generation of family farmers in the Arctic Circle – Kvarøy Arctic.
Packed with more omega-3’s than any other farmed salmon, this soup supports your health, supports a family of water farmers and pleases the taste buds.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 yellow onion, peeled and small-diced
- 4 celery stalks, medium-diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 lbs. Heinen’s frozen Arctic salmon, cut into 1” chunks
- 4 ears of corn, trimmed
- 12 oz. clam juice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups large red potatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup corn starch mixed with 3 Tbsp. of water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the bacon to a large pot over medium heat and cook until crispy and browned.
- Set the cooked bacon aside and add the onions. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the celery and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the salmon and corn.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Add the clam juice, chicken stock and red potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the potatoes are tender and the mixture is boiling, stir in the corn starch and water mixture. Stir until thick, about 1 minute.
- Finish by stirring in the heavy cream, crispy bacon, dill, salt and pepper.