The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Fresh, flavorful and full of good-for-you fish, this Salmon Chowder has it all.
Packed with more omega-3’s than any other farmed salmon, this soup supports your health, supports a family of water farmers and pleases the taste buds.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 yellow onion, peeled and small-diced
- 4 celery stalks, medium-diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 lbs. Heinen’s frozen salmon, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 ears of corn, trimmed
- 12 oz. clam juice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups large red potatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup corn starch mixed with 3 Tbsp. of water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the bacon to a large pot over medium heat and cook until crispy and browned.
- Set the cooked bacon aside and add the onions. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the celery and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the salmon and corn.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Add the clam juice, chicken stock and red potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the potatoes are tender and the mixture is boiling, stir in the corn starch and water mixture. Stir until thick, about 1 minute.
- Finish by stirring in the heavy cream, crispy bacon, dill, salt and pepper.