The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Swap traditional tomatoes for strawberries to create a sweet salsa that pairs perfectly with pan-seared salmon!
Tossed with fresh ingredients like basil, honey and balsamic vinegar, this fish-forward fare looks and tastes as though it came from a restaurant, but in reality, it’s extremely easy and quick to cook!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, medium diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's honey
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 8 oz. fresh Columbia River King salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the strawberries, basil, honey and balsamic vinegar until combined. Set aside.
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil begins to lightly smoke, add the salmon skin-side-up and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Garnish with the strawberry salsa.