The following recipe and photography was provided by Pre Beef.
Chilaquiles equipped with scrambled eggs, Pre Ground Beef and marinated red onions will give your guests a flavor high. Make this dish 24 hours ahead of time to make serving stress-free.
- Total time:
- 1 lb. Pre 85% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 bag salted tortilla chips
- Sunflower oil
- 2 cups enchilada sauce: red or green, separate 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 10 eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp. milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup cotija, or shredded cheese
- Crema Mexicana or creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Avocado, sliced or roughly chopped
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef.
- When it’s almost fully cooked, add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the tortilla chips with 1 cup of enchilada sauce. Spread chips out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the meat and remaining sauce around the tortilla chips.
- Cover baking sheet with plastic wrap and place in the fridge. This can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- Place the sliced onion with a little salt and lime juice in a small bowl. Cover and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- To finish, pull the baking sheet from the fridge and preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs with a little salt and pepper and milk or cream.
- Scramble the eggs in a large skillet while chips are baking.
- When the chips are done baking, remove from the oven and top with eggs and all (or some) of the garnishes listed above.