The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
I love the ease and convenience of one-pan meals, and this sheet pan dinner is no exception!
Fresh seasonal produce, buttery baby potatoes and hearty bratwurst sausage roast together for a delicious, family friendly meal that’s on the table in under an hour (with few dishes to wash later!).
The vegetables are seasoned with a red wine vinaigrette, which compliments the unique flavors of fresh bratwurst sausage.
Bratwurst is a style of pork (or veal) sausage that originated in Germany and is typically seasoned with spices like caraway, coriander, ginger or nutmeg.
You’ll want to use fresh, not pre-cooked, bratwurst for this recipe. I recommend using Saddleberk or Lou’s bratwurst sausages, which you can find in Heinen’s Meat Department.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s paprika
- 1 tsp. Heinen's Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 12 oz. (1/2 bag) Melissa’s peewee medley potatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 1 package Saddleberk or Lou’s bratwurst sausages, each sliced crosswise into 4 pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl or jar, stir together the vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, mustard and salt. Whisk in the olive oil and set aside.
- Toss the vegetables together on the sheet pan. Drizzle the vinegar mixture over the vegetables and use your hands or tongs to toss well to coat. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer and nestle in the sausages.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 35-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Remove the pan from oven and stir. Top with parsley and serve.