The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
With a couple of handy shortcuts and about 20 minutes, you can whip up a flavorful one-pan Tex-Mex meal, no chopping required!
These simple sheet pan fajitas call for Heinen’s CARE Certified beef stir fry meat, which is sirloin that’s conveniently sliced and ready to cook. It’s perfect for quick stir-fries and this recipe, of course. I also used Heinen’s pre-sliced fajita vegetables (a combo of red and green bell peppers and red onion), which you can find in the produce department.
Creating a Mexican-inspired meal in minutes has never been so easy!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 package (about ¾ lb.) Heinen’s CARE Certified beef loin sirloin strips for stir fry
- 1 12 oz. package Heinen’s fajita mix vegetables
- 2 ½ Tbsp. avocado oil, or other neutral cooking oil
- Juice of ½ large lime, use more for more tang
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- 6-inch flour or corn tortillas, sliced avocado, salsa and shredded lettuce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Set a sheet pan in the oven while it preheats.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices (chili powder through cayenne pepper) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the beef and fajita vegetables. Add the oil, lime juice to taste, and spices. Toss well to coat with tongs.
- Once the oven is preheated, remove the sheet pan and carefully transfer the beef and vegetable mixture onto the pan, using tongs to spread it in an even layer. Return the pan to the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your liking and the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- If desired, wrap a stack of tortillas in foil and transfer them to the oven to warm during the last 5 minutes of the cook time.
- Serve the fajitas on warm tortillas and top with avocado, salsa and shredded lettuce.