The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
With school back in session, an easy meal-prepped lunch or simple dinner is a must. And bonus points when it’s healthy and quick!
These Shrimp and Butternut Squash Bowls are packed with great wholesome ingredients that are great for lunch or dinner. Top with freshly grated Heinen’s Parmesan Cheese and serve for a balanced and tasty meal.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Cooking the rice and butternut squash together in broth creates a delicious risotto-like texture. And the shrimp is a perfect protein for the dish!
- Using local squash during the fall months enhances the recipe with fresh, seasonal flavors.
- With minimal ingredients and very few pots and pans, you’ll love how quick this dinner comes together and how easy it is to clean up!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Tbsps. Heinen’s olive oil, divided
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried basil
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried rosemary
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup Heinen’s dried brown rice
- 2 cups Heinen’s vegetable broth
- 1 lb. Heinen’s fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heinen’s parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat a large saucepan or large pot over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsps. Heinen’s olive oil and butternut squash to the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried basil, 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried oregano, 1 Tsp. Heinen’s dried rosemary, salt, and black pepper to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add 1 cup Heinen’s Dried Brown Rice and 2 cups Heinen’s Vegetable Broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the broth is deserved. Transfer to a serving bowl and cover.
- Add remaining Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil and Heinen’s to the pan over medium heat. Cook shrimp 2 minutes per side, until pink. Add shrimp to butternut squash and rice mixture and stir. Top with Heinen’s parmesan cheese and serve.