The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
Why choose between a taco and a salad when you can have both in the same dish? That’s the philosophy behind this Shrimp Taco Salad that can easily be prepared on the stovetop or the grill.
Featuring a bed of traditional taco toppings and finished with fresh and flavorful marinated shrimp and an herby lime dressing, this salad is hearty enough to be its own summer meal but is also perfect to divide amongst guests!
Add this to the menu for your next taco night and watch it become the talk of the table!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salad
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s cumin
- 1 tsp. Heinen's chili powder (optional)
- ½ tsp. Heinen’s paprika
- ½ tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Heinen’s dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 ear of corn, cut from the cob
- ½ cup Heinen’s shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup store bought tortilla strips
For the Dressing
- ½ cup Heinen’s olive oil
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper
- Toss the shrimp with olive oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until combined. Taste for salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the marinated shrimp into the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. *Alternatively, the shrimp can be skewered and grilled over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cabbage, avocado, corn, cheese, and tortilla strips in a large bowl.
- Top with shrimp and drizzle with the herby lime dressing. Serve family-style or split between four bowls.