The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Create a seafood supper that’s light and loaded with flavor by serving shrimp in an easy garlic tomato sauce. While this recipe looks fancy, it is actually extremely simple to make.
Quickly simmered on the stove, whole tomatoes are infused with an ample amount of garlic and basil, which perfectly compliments the mild flavor and firm texture of white wine-sautéed shrimp!
Served with fresh-baked crusty bread from Heinen’s Bakery, or along side your favorite pasta dish, this 30-minute shrimp dish is oh-so satisfying!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 28 oz. cans of Heinen's whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's tomato paste
- 20 basil leaves, torn
- 2 lbs. Heinen's 16/20 shrimp, peeled and deveined tail-on
- ½ cup white wine
- Heinen's crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add 3 Tbsp. of olive oil to a medium-sized pot over low heat and cook the garlic just until browned.
- Add the tomatoes and break them up with a spoon. Stew over low-to-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for another 5 minutes until thick.
- Stir in the basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate large pan over high heat, add 3 Tbsp. of olive oil and the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and cook for 1 more minute.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the tomato sauce.
- Serve garnished with crushed red pepper flakes and more torn fresh basil.