The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
I’m back with another skillet dish to knock your socks off!
Skillet Citrus Roasted Salmon over Potatoes is about to become your new salmon obsession, I guarantee it! This one-pan meal starts with crispy layers of potatoes baked in a sweet, lime and tangerine-infused citrus sauce. It’s then topped with a beautiful piece of fresh salmon and Brussels sprouts and roasted in the oven until perfectly tender.
Zest Fest is near at Heinen’s and I couldn’t be more excited! For those who are unfamiliar, Zest Fest is an annual in-store celebration of Heinen’s unique and enormous selection of fresh citrus fruit. It seems like every time I walk the Produce Department at Heinen’s there is at least one new offering.
In fact, during my most recent trip to Heinen’s, I stumbled upon Neapolitan tangerines. They are unreal! I dare you to try and not eat the entire bag in one serving! Each little tangerine is bursting with delicious juice that is absolutely perfect on its own or paired with a nice piece of fish.
To amplify the sauce, I highly recommend grabbing a container of Two Brothers blackened seasoning. It adds the perfect burst of spice to compliment the sweet and tangy citrus juices. This seasoning can be used on any protein, but it really seems to shine when paired with fish and other seafood. My family prefers this seasoning because it packs a punch, without being too spicy, so everyone can enjoy it!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Yukon gold potato
- 2 medium-sized red potatoes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup Heinen's olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Two Brothers blackened seasoning
- 1 lb. fresh salmon fillet
- 1 large handful of Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tangerine, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the lime juice, tangerine juice, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, shallot and blackened seasoning in a bowl. Whisk.
- Thinly slice the potatoes, 1/8th of an inch thick.
- In a cast iron skillet or baking dish, add the potatoes in three layers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the citrus marinade over the potatoes and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- With 10 minutes remaining in the cook time, prep the salmon by marinating it in the other half of the citrus marinade. When the 30 minute cook time is up, season the salmon with additional blackened seasoning, remove the skillet from the oven and add the salmon to the center on top of the potatoes.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on the outside of the salmon and put a few slices of tangerine on top of the salmon. Drizzle the remaining citrus marinade over the skillet and place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how you like your salmon cooked.
- Remove when the salmon reaches your desired internal temperature, 125°F for medium and 145°F for well done. Serve out of the skillet and enjoy!