The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This slow cooker recipe is a classic featuring a brand-new item exclusive to Heinen’s!
Made with Heinen’s CARE Certified pork and Great Lakes’ infamous Dortmunder Gold Lager, these new beer bratwurst are juicy and delicious! For this easy recipe, just toss the Heinen’s beer brats, marinara sauce, spices, peppers, and sliced onions into the crockpot. Let it cook on low heat while you go about your day for a meal done by dinnertime!
With only the crockpot insert to clean, it’s a hassle-free meal that delivers amazing flavors.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- This recipe is made with Heinen’s Dortmunder Beer Bratwurst, a signature recipe in partnership with Great Lakes Brewery. These beer brats are made with Leidy’s CARE Certified pork and Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold Lager and they’re exclusive to Heinen’s stores.
- Prep the meal ahead of time and let it cook all day! This meal is foolproof and requires only a slow cooker. Great for a busy evening with minimal time to clean up!
- Add your leftover beer brats and peppers to a Heinen’s brioche bun for lunch or dinner the next day!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 2 Packages Heinen’s Dortmunder Beer Bratwurst
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic dried basil
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic onion powder
- 1 jar Heinen’s marinara sauce
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil and 2 packages Heinen’s Dortmunder Beer Brats. Sear until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add sliced green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder, 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried basil, 1 tsp. Heinen’s Dried Oregano, 1 tsp. Heinen’s Onion Powder, and 1 package Heinen’s marinara sauce to the slow cooker. Mix well, then cover.
- Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Serve brats whole or sliced. Garnish with parsley and enjoy.