The following recipe and photography was provided by The Great American Turkey Company.
This one-pan meal brings the heat to dinner time. Made from ripe and colorful bell peppers tossed in a zesty seasoning and paired with The Great American Turkey Company Smoky & Sweet Chili Turkey Strips, fajitas have never been easier to make or more delicious.
Smoky & Sweet Chili One-Pan Fajitas
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Fajita Filling
- 1 package The Great American Turkey Company Smoky & Sweet Chili Turkey Strips
- 3 bell peppers (one red, green & yellow), sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
For the Seasoning
- 2 tsp. chili powder (preferably 1 tsp. ancho chili powder + 1 tsp. regular chili powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream, avocado slices or guacamole, diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the seasoning, whisk together chili powders, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- For the fajita filling, add olive oil, bell peppers, onion and garlic to the mixing bowl and stir until fully combined. Spread mixture onto the baking tray. Roast in oven until veggies are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove tray and move veggies to the side to make space the turkey strips. Reduce heat to 300°F and cook for 10 more minutes until turkey internal temperature is 165°F.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven for the last 5 minutes of the fajita filling cook time.
- Toss the fajita filling, drizzle lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve filling warm in toasted tortillas with desired toppings.