The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Don’t let summer go by without trying these Greek-inspired burgers!
Combine garlicky sautéed spinach, briny feta and sweet-tart sun-dried tomatoes with Heinen’s CARE Certified lean ground beef to make flavor-packed patties perfect for a Mediterranean-inspired dinner.
Serve the burgers on fresh brioche buns from Heinen’s Bakery, topped with Heinen’s cucumber hummus, a light and refreshing contrast to the savory burgers.
They’d also be great served with a classic Greek cucumber yogurt dip, known as tzatziki.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1/4 cup jarred sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (oil reserved)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 oz. container Heinen’s baby spinach
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lb. Heinen’s CARE Certified lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Heinen’s crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 Heinen’s brioche buns, lightly toasted
- Heinen’s cucumber hummus
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomato
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Drain 1 Tbsp. oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes and heat it in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add the spinach and continue to sauté until it completely wilts, about 2-3 minutes. Season spinach to taste with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, cooked spinach, oregano, and salt. Mix until well combined. Shape into 4 hamburger patties.
- Grill burgers on each side for 5-8 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Assemble the burgers on toasted buns and top with hummus, lettuce, tomato, red onion.