Make these steak sandwiches and stack them high. Or don’t. They are delicious either way and the easiest appetizer to make to impress and delight.
- Total time:
- 1 Pre Beef Sirloin Steak
- Kosher salt
- Ciabatta Loaf
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup grated horseradish (not prepared horseradish sauce)
- Remove steak from package and pat dry with paper towels. Salt generously on all sides.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place steak on hot pan and sear for 3-5 minutes on both largest sides (for a rare steak). Using tongs, sear on the side edges for 30 seconds each. For medium or well done, sear longer.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and tent with foil. Allow resting for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the steak rests, slice ciabatta loaf lengthwise. Lightly toast under broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir together mayo and horseradish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Smear horseradish liberally on both sides of the bread.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain. Layer steak evenly on ciabatta loaf and top with a generous layer of arugula.
- Place the top piece of bread onto the sandwich and slice into 2-inch sections. Enjoy!