The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Pre Beef and Chef Sarah Beth Turner.
Make these steak sandwiches and stack them high. Or don’t. They are delicious either way and the easiest appetizer to make to impress and delight.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for Steak Sandwiches with Horseradish Mayo.
Steak Sandwiches with Horseradish Mayo
- 1 Pre Beef Sirloin Steak
- Kosher salt
- Ciabatta Loaf
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup grated horseradish (not prepared horseradish sauce)
- Remove steak from package and pat dry with paper towels. Salt generously on all sides.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place steak on hot pan and sear for 3-5 minutes on both largest sides (for a rare steak). Using tongs, sear on the side edges for 30 seconds each. For medium or well done, sear longer.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and tent with foil. Allow resting for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the steak rests, slice ciabatta loaf lengthwise. Lightly toast under broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir together mayo and horseradish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Smear horseradish liberally on both sides of the bread.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain. Layer steak evenly on ciabatta loaf and top with a generous layer of arugula.
- Place the top piece of bread onto the sandwich and slice into 2-inch sections. Enjoy!