The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Stone fruit is in season and, let’s be honest, burrata is perfect all year round, so why not combine them on a toasty Heinen’s bagel?
If you’ve never tried burrata, you are missing out! Light and creamy, its flavor profile is somewhat similar to mozzarella, but burrata is much more spreadable, which makes it the perfect pair for fluffy bagels and juicy stone fruit, especially when arranged on a beautiful grazing board for family and friends to assemble to their taste buds’ content.
For deeper, richer, more gourmet flavor, add a tablespoon of Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil to the burrata and break it open with a cheese knife. Mix the olive oil together with the burrata and you’ll surely taste the difference!
Although this board allows you to customize your cheesy, fruity bagel any way you like, I simply can’t help but share my favorite combination! Spread the burrata cheese on half of a whole wheat bagel and add a layer of strawberry preserves followed by a couple slices of stone fruit. Eat it open faced or add the other bagel half to the top and enjoy it as a sandwich. Either way it’s delicious!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- BelGioioso Burrata
- Boursin Garlic and Herb Gournay Cheese
- Pecorino Romano
- Heinen’s assorted cheese cubes (cheddar, swiss, white cheddar and pepper jack)
- Two Brothers ham
- Geona Salami
Sweets and Extras
- Heinen's whole wheat mini bagels
- Crackers of choice
- Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- Heinen’s chocolate covered almonds
- Place the burrata and olive oil into two small bowls. Break the cheese apart and stir to combine.
- Place the bowls on the board in your desired arrangement, along with a small bowl of Heinen’s chocolate covered almonds and the jar of strawberry preserves.
- Slice the stone fruit and strawberries and add each fruit to the board in small, distinct piles. It is perfectly fine if the piles touch or overlap slightly as you want the board to look completely full.
- Add the remaining cheeses, meat, crackers and bagels to the exterior of the board in individual piles. I recommend folding the meats so they line up vertically when placed on the board.
- Assemble your bagel and enjoy!