The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Kick off the warm weather season with this deliciously light Summer Squash Salad!
The key to this salad is super fresh squash, shaved thin and served raw. It’s a refreshing new way to take advantage of Heinen’s locally grown assortment of squash.
This salad is tossed in a delicious lemon Dijon vinaigrette and topped with feta cheese.
Each bite is packed with fresh and delicious flavors!
Summer Squash Salad
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen's honey
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- 2 medium yellow squash, shaved into ribbons
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Combine the sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red onion in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing on the salad and gently toss.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese, fresh basil and fresh mint.