The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
The most delicious dinners combine the best ingredients from the land and the sea!
Featuring meaty flank steak and juicy shrimp stir fried together in a sweet teriyaki sauce, this simple spin on surf and turf is a savory dish that’s sure to satisfy.
Surf and Turf Stir-Fry
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 oz. rice noodles
- 9 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. Heinen's CARE Certified flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. shrimp, tail-off, peeled and deveined
- 1 bag Heinen’s frozen vegetable stir-fry blend
- 1 cup Two Brothers teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Add the noodles to a large bowl and cover completely with boiling water, let stand for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Add 3 Tbsp. of sesame oil to a very hot wok over high heat. Cook the flank steak until lightly browned and cooked throughout, about 3 minutes.
- Set the steak aside and return the wok to the burner with 3 more Tbsp. of sesame oil. Cook the shrimp until lightly browned and cooked throughout, about 3 minutes.
- Set the shrimp aside and return the wok to the burner with 3 more Tbsp. of sesame oil. Cook the vegetables for 3-4 minutes. or until cooked and hot.
- Add the cooked steak and shrimp back in, along with the teriyaki sauce and green onions. Mix to combine.
- Serve with the rice noodles.