The following post was made in collaboration with Abby Thome of The Thome Home and Impossible Foods. Product was provided by Impossible™ Foods and recipe development and photography were provided courtesy of Abby Thome.
Plant-based eating is more than just cooking with vegetables, in fact, incorporating plant-based options into your mealtime repertoire is a fantastic way to discover some of best, brightest and most delicious plant-based products on the market. Impossible™ Burger is one of these products!
An impressive visual match to traditional ground beef, the flavor of this plant-based burger meat is so on point that jaws will drop ‘round the table when you proclaim that it’s not actually meat! You may be familiar with the Impossible™ Burger from your favorite restaurant, but this tasty plant-based ground beef is making its way to the grocery store and Heinen’s happens to be one of the only grocers in our region to carry it!
This particular plant-based burger is piled high with juicy grilled pineapple and slathered with BBQ sauce. Simply stated, it is impossibly delicious!
- 6 Burgers
- 2 12 oz. packages Impossible™ Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp. Two Brother’s BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha (add an additional Tbsp. if you like it hot)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Butter lettuce
- Brioche buns
- Fresh pineapple, sliced thick
- Red onion, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix together the Impossible™ ground beef, BBQ sauce, sriracha, pineapple juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- With your hands, grab approximately 3/4 cup of meat and roll into a large ball. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Once you have rolled 6 balls, use the bottom of a plate to evenly push down onto each ball, creating a thick hamburger patty.
- On an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan, cook the burger patties for 4 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and on the same pan, add the pineapple slices to warm through. Remove from heat once grill marks show on both sides, 2-3 minutes.
- Toast brioche buns, and spread mayonnaise on the bottom bun.
- Layer on butter lettuce followed by the hamburger patty.
- Add the pineapple and red onion on top.
- If you like extra spice, feel free to drizzle a bit of sriracha on top.
- Finish with more BBQ sauce and close the burger with the top brioche bun.