- Total time:
Swordfish with Farro, Cannellini Beans and Greens
Start to finish: 15 minutes
Hands on time: 10 minutes
- Two 8 oz swordfish steaks
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s Chicken Culinary Stock
- 10 oz Farro
- Beans and greens of your choice
- Season the fish with the salt and Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil shimmers add the fish to the pan and cook it on one side for about 2 minutes. Flip it over and cook the other side for one minute. Add the chicken broth (it will bubble up) and stir in the farro and bean salad.
- Cover and simmer for two minutes to finish cooking the fish, warm the beans and wilt the greens. Remove the lid and cook for another minute to reduce the liquid if necessary.
- Transfer the fish and beans to heated plates and serve hot.
Carla has spent the past 30 years in the food world as a caterer, artisan baker, cooking school teacher, food writer and author of 6 cook books including the James Beard nominated Big Book of Appetizers. Her passion is sharing fresh, cooked-from-scratch weeknight meals that cut prep time and practically eliminate that nightly sink-full of dishes. Look for Carla on Facebook, Twitter (carlacooks), Pinterest and at ravenouskitchen.com where she blogs about everything from cooking for two to easy weekend entertaining for a crowd.