Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Looking to shake up taco night? This refreshing, flavorful and easy-to-assemble salad is just what you need!
Heinen’s Pre-Marinated Ancho Beef Skirt Steak is the perfect shortcut to add flavor and protein to my delicious taco salad complete with fresh veggie toppings and a zesty chipotle ranch dressing.
For the Salad
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 lb. Heinen’s Ancho Beef Pre-Marinated Skirt Steak
- 8-10 cups of spring mix and baby spinach, combined
- 6-8 small vine ripe tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- ½ cup of green onions, sliced
- ½ sweet onion, peeled and small diced
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 radishes, sliced
- 2 cups of corn tortilla chips
- ¼ cup of crumbled cotija cheese
For the Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 1 chipotle pepper with adobo sauce
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup of ranch dressing
- Note: If you don't want to make your own dressing, try Terrapin Ridge Cilantro Lime Dressing.
- Preheat the grill to high heat (450°F to 550°F).
- Add the corn to the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until completely cooked. Slice the corn off of the cob.
- Halfway through cooking the corn, add the skirt steak to the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until grill marks have formed and it reaches medium-rare to medium doneness. Set aside and rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing.
- In a blender, add the chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, milk and ranch dressing. Puree on high speed until smooth.
- To plate, place the spring mix and spinach into a large serving bowl and add the tomatoes, green onions, sweet onions, avocado, radishes, cooked and sliced skirt steak, tortilla chips and cotija cheese. Serve.