The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Vegan, vegetarian and very delicious, everything about this summertime salad is simply good! Don’t let the words “vegan” and “vegetarian” fool you, this Tex-Mex-inspired recipe is bursting with flavor, and in my opinion, even better tasting than its traditional counterpart.
Loaded with a colorful assortment of kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas, roasted baby Yukon gold potatoes, Midwest grown bell peppers, red onion and a cilantro-lime vinaigrette that is out-of-this-world delicious, one bowl simply won’t be enough!
Volunteer to bring this summer salad to all of your outdoor get-together’s and watch everyone indulge without ever realizing it’s actually good for them!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salad
- 4 cups baby Yukon gold potatoes, skin on and quartered
- 1 cup grilled sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup bell peppers of any color, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 wheel of Miyoko’s double cream classic chive cashew milk cheese, crumbled
For the Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 4 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried cilantro flakes
- Juice of 1 ½ limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a couple Tbsp. of salt, followed by the quartered potatoes. Boil the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and add them back to the pot.
- While the potatoes are still warm, add ¾ of the cashew milk cheese. Toss until the cheese has melted into the potatoes.
- Rinse and drain the beans and chickpeas and add them to the potatoes.
- Add the sweet corn cornels, diced bell peppers, diced red and green onions and cilantro. Toss until well combined.
- Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a measuring cup and whisk together. Pour the vinaigrette over the potato salad mixture and toss again.
- Top with the remaining crumbled cashew milk cheese and more chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm or chilled.