The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Everyone loves the crispy-crunchy goodness of Texas toast, so why not elevate it from a staple side to the main meal?
I was recently perusing the freezer aisle at Heinen’s and discovered a new gluten-free Texas toast that I just had to take home and use as the base of personal sized pizzas for my family.
The great thing about these pizzas is that you can customize them however you wish. Simply set out an array of toppings, along with Heinen’s pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella, and you are just 10 minutes away from a simple and satisfying supper!
Perfect for busy summer days, these are a hit with kids!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Pizzas
- Katz gluten-free Texas toast
- Heinen’s shredded mozzarella
- Heinen’s pizza sauce
- Toppings of choice
- Classic cheese
- Pineapple & pepperoni
- Loaded veggie
- Alfredo sauce & summer tomatoes
- Sausage & banana peppers
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Remove the Texas toast from freezer and place directly onto a baking sheet.
- Spread the pizza sauce onto the frozen toast slices and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Add toppings of choice,
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the toast is golden brown.