The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Add some steak to your next salad!
With an easy marinade, Heinen’s organic beef strip steak takes this traditional salad from ordinary to extraordinary. The beef is so high quality, you’d think it came from a 5-star restaurant.
My pro tip is to make a double batch of the dressing and prep the salad ingredients ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week!
Thai Beef Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Steak
- 1 Heinen’s organic beef strip steak
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Heinen’s avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
For the Salad
- 4 cups Heinen’s organic spring mix
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot sticks
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Green onion, sliced for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
For the Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Heinen's garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. Heinen's dried basil
- Combine the steak ingredients in a large plastic bag or shallow bowl. Cover or seal for 30 minutes.
- While the steak is marinating, combine salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Sear for 3-4 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 125°F. Let the steak rest.
- Combine the spring mix, red pepper, green pepper, carrot and red onion in a large bowl.
- Slice the steak and place it on top of the salad.
- Finish with the dressing, green onion and lime wedges. Serve.