The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
Gobble Gobble! Let’s be honest, we all look forward to Thanksgiving for the feast! It’s the one time of the year we all welcome gaining another belt size and push our stomachs to their limits. I mean how could we not? It’s impossible to turn down stuffing, pounds of turkey, sweet cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and all the other amazing foods you’ll find at the table.
If you’re able to walk away with any leftovers, I’ve got the recipe for you! You could make a sandwich or just warm them up. Both are perfectly good choices, but are you really using the leftovers to their full potential? Loading these leftover morsels into a creamy brie & cheddar macaroni sounds like a full potential idea to me. Sweet, savory and tangy, this recipe has something for everyone. You will be forever grateful for this macaroni after just one bite.
This sweet and savory cornucopia of flavor will be sure to have you doing the turkey trot all the way to the couch for a well-deserved nap! Now let’s give those leftovers the cheesy makeover they deserve!
Thanksgiving Leftover Mac & Cheese
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni or rotini noodles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. of brie cheese
- 2 sprigs of thyme (stems removed)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups leftover turkey (shredded or cubed)
- 1 cup of cranberry sauce or cranberries
- 1 ½ – 2 cups leftover stuffing
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cook your noodles a minute less than instructed.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted add the flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add one cup of milk and stir until a paste is formed. Add in the remainder of the milk, thyme and salt. Cook until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Be sure to stir often.
- Remove the brie from the rind and add it into the mixture. Stir constantly until the brie is melted. Remove from heat and add in 2 ½ cups of the cheddar cheese.
- Mix together the cooked noodles and cheese sauce. This sauce alone is something to be thankful for! Once mixed, add in the cranberries and turkey. Place this leftover makeover in a large baking dish or cast iron skillet. Top with the remainder of the cheddar cheese and stuffing. You could top this with any other leftovers like mashed potatoes!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. As hard as it will be, allow this dish to rest for 5-10 minutes after cooking. Top with a gravy swirl if you’re feeling dangerous!
- Gobble it up!
Click Here to Print the Recipe for Thanksgiving Leftover Macaroni and Cheese.