The following recipe and photography was provided by The Great American Turkey Company and @thehungryfan.
These are not your traditional baked potatoes! Filled with The Great American Turkey Company’s pre-seasoned Tomato & Basil Turkey Strips, onions, herbs and mozzarella cheese, it’s a full meal that is is twice baked and packed with two times the flavor!
Tomato & Basil Turkey Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1 package The Great American Turkey Company Tomato & Basil Turkey
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 + 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, diced
- 4 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic glaze, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash potatoes and pierce with a fork multiple times.
- On a foil-lined sheet pan, bake potatoes for 1 to 1 1⁄2 hours until soft.
- When potatoes are almost fully cooked, add olive oil and Tomato & Basil Turkey Strips to a skillet over medium heat. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- On a cutting board, let turkey strips rest for 3 minutes. Use two forks to pull apart the meat until shredded.
- When potatoes are finished cooking and cooling, slice off the top 1⁄4 of the potato horizontally.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the insides of the potatoes into a large mixing bowl, leaving a thin wall around the perimeter of the potatoes. Set aside.
- In the large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes insides until soft and broken up. Add shredded turkey, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, green onions, parsley, butter, salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each potato shell with a healthy serving of the mixture and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Broil stuffed potatoes in oven at 400°F until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Garnish twice baked potatoes with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, parsley, salt, and pepper.