- Total time:
The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
My kids love stuffed pastas like ravioli and tortelloni and I am usually guaranteed a whine-free dinner hour when one of these is on the menu. For weeknight cooking, I turn to Heinen’s refrigerated stuffed pastas because they’re versatile, quick to cook (just 5 minutes) and perfect for meatless meals.
In this recipe for Tortelloni with Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce, I’m using Heinen’s Tricolor Cheese Tortelloni, but you can swap in any variety that appeals to you. The cream sauce comes together in the time it takes to cook the pasta and the whole dish is table-ready in 20 minutes or less. To save time, I’m using a jar of Heinen’s Organic Italian Herb Pasta Sauce as the base. Adding a bit of cream cheese and half and half to the sauce adds richness and creates a texture that’s velvety but not too heavy.
Tortelloni with Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 9 oz. packages Heinen’s Tricolor Cheese Tortelloni
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 26 oz. jar Heinen’s Organic Italian Herb Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup Heinen’s Soft Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup half and half
- 5 oz. container baby spinach
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- Black pepper
- Prepare tortelloni according to package directions (be careful not to overcook). Drain well and toss with olive oil; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring pasta sauce to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and whisk in cream cheese followed by half and half.
- Fold spinach into tomato sauce until it just wilts (it will seem like a lot of spinach but it wilts to a much smaller amount.) Stir in Parmesan cheese followed by a few grinds of black pepper.
- Add the cooked tortelloni to the sauce and gently fold until well-combined. Spoon into bowls and top with additional Parmesan cheese.