- 1-pound turkey bacon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 slices of toasted sprouted sourdough bread
- 4 leaves of red leaf lettuce
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup of sprouts
- 1 peeled, seeded and thinly sliced avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Evenly place the turkey bacon slices on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 400°F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly crispy. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until combined and set aside.
- To plate the turkey bacon BLT, place one piece of toasted sprouted sourdough down and evenly layer on the leaf lettuce, bacon, sprouts, avocado slices and tomatoes. Spread a layer of the chipotle mayo on the other slice of toast and place on top. Repeat the process until all of the ingredients have been used.