The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Twice baked potatoes just got an upgrade with these Broccoli Cheddar Sweet Potatoes!
This healthy side dish is great for meal prepping, a unique appetizer or even an impressive Thanksgiving side dish. With delicious broccoli cheddar flavor, they’ll be a hit with kids and adults! Plus, they’re done in under 45 minutes!
I love serving these with some sour cream on the side and some fresh thyme.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 package Heinen’s pre-cut broccoli florets
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup Heinen’s cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, for serving
- Fresh thyme, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise and place them, flesh-side-down, on a lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of olive oil over the sweet potatoes and season with 1 tsp. of salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Add 1/2 package of Heinen’s pre-cut broccoli florets to the pan halfway through baking.
- Remove the tray from the oven. In a large bowl, scoop out the sweet potato flesh and set the skins aside.
- Combine the sweet potato, broccoli, 1/2 tsp. of Heinen’s onion powder, 1/2 tsp. of Heinen’s garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. of black pepper and 1 cup of Heinen’s cheddar cheese. Stir, and transfer the mixture back into the potato skins.
- Broil the stuffed potatoes on a broil-safe baking tray for 3-4 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Serve with sour cream and fresh thyme.