The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of our friends at USA Pears.
This Easy Vegan Spinach and Kale Pear Pizza is an absolute crowd pleaser!
A homemade gluten-free dough topped with sliced pears and veggies makes this savory pie a meal that no one could resist.
Vegan Spinach and Kale Pear Pizza
- 8 slices
For the Dough
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 tsp. organic coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet active yeast
For the Toppings
- 2 large Bartlett pears, sliced thinly
- 1 package tofu
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup kale, chopped
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt and pepper
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Start by making the dough. Combine the water, sugar, oil and yeast together in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add flour into water mixture and knead for 10 minutes until smooth. Cover with a wet cloth and let rise until the dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- To make the topping, heat a small pan over medium heat. Add oil and purple onion. When it becomes fragrant, add spinach and kale. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender, add in tofu, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add in cooked spinach and kale. Blend again until smooth.
- When the dough is ready, roll it out into a 6-8 inch round. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add tofu mixture to the pizza. Top with sliced pears and walnuts. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crust is golden in color.
- Remove from oven, let cool and slice.
- Top with basil and more walnuts if desired. Enjoy!
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.