Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Pasta Primavera is a perfect spring dish that puts a light and healthy spin on your typical pasta recipe.
Asparagus, leeks, carrots and peas add a fresh taste alongside ribbons of fettuccine and the bold flavor of parmesan cheese.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 10-12 stalks of asparagus, cut into 1” slices
- 4 baby carrots, thinly shaved
- ½ cup peas
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 lb. cooked Heinen’s fettuccine pasta
- 1 ½ cups hot pasta cooking water
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the leeks for 2-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Next, add in the asparagus and carrots and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place in the peas and spinach and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cooked pasta, pasta water, cheese, salt and pepper until combined.
- Serve and enjoy!