Serving lettuce wraps, or “lettuce tacos” as my boys refer to them, always wins me dinner bonus points in the form of clean plates and zero complaints. It looks impressive, but you’ll be amazed how quickly this meal comes together, especially when most of the heavy lifting is done for you. These Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps are another one of Heinen’s quick and delicious What’s for Dinner featured recipes and, as always, were gobbled up in our house.
To prove how simple this one really is, here’s the lettuce wrap low-down: You’ll start by browning ground turkey breast in a skillet. Then, stir in a can of drained and diced water chestnuts, sliced green onions and matchstick carrots. Finish it off with some Two Brothers Black Bean Garlic Sauce (this is literally the secret sauce!). Scoop this filling (which you prepared in about 10 minutes) into butter or bibb lettuce leaves and serve. It really is as simple as that.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. Jenny-O Ground Turkey Breast
- 2-3 scallions, sliced (white/light green and dark green parts separated)
- 8 oz. can Geisha Diced Water Chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup matchstick or grated carrots
- ½ cup Two Brothers Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 head Butter or Bibb lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes, using the back of a wooden spoon to break it into pieces.
- Fold in the scallions (white/light green parts only), water chestnuts and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes more, or until the carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add the Two Brothers Black Bean Garlic Sauce and stir until the turkey and vegetables are well coated; remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the turkey and vegetables into a butter lettuce leaf and top with reserved sliced scallions.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.