This post was created by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift. This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s for Dinner?, a weekly meal guide with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Serving lettuce wraps, or “lettuce tacos” as my boys refer to them, always wins me dinner bonus points in the form of clean plates and zero complaints. It looks impressive, but you’ll be amazed at how quickly this meal comes together, especially when most of the heavy lifting is done for you. These Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps are another one of Heinen’s quick and delicious What’s for Dinner featured recipes and, as always, were gobbled up in our house.
To prove how simple this one really is, here’s the lettuce wrap low-down. You’ll start by browning ground turkey in a skillet. Then, stir in a can of drained and diced water chestnuts and sliced scallions. Finish it off with some Two Brothers Black Bean and Garlic Sauce (this is literally the secret sauce!). Scoop this filling (which you prepare in about 10 minutes) into Bibb lettuce leaves and serve. It really is as simple as that.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Lean Ground Turkey
- Geisha Diced Water Chestnuts, drained
- Fresh Scallions (white/light green and dark green parts separated)
- Two Brothers Black Bean and Garlic Sauce
- Bibb Lettuce
- In a hot sauté pan with a little bit of oil, brown the ground turkey.
- Add the water chestnuts and scallions to the pan and cook for one more minute before adding the black bean and garlic sauce.
- Tear off the washed leaves of lettuce and fill them with the ground turkey.
- Serve with extra sauce for dipping.