This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s for Dinner?, a weekly meal guide with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Spice things up this week with Beef Pho, a traditional Vietnamese soup, without spending hours in the kitchen. With a handful of simple ingredients, you can bring all the flavors of this classic Asian comfort food to the table in about 20 minutes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 (6-ounce) package Asian Gourmet Rice Sticks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Heinen’s Beef Stir Fry Meat (about 2/3 pound)
- 1 (26-ounce) carton Simply Asia Pho Beef Broth
- 1 (5-ounce) package Organic Girl Baby Bok Cho
- Sliced sweet peppers or jalapeños
- Fresh basil or cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
- Soak rice noodles in lukewarm water for 15 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and brown for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in bok choy and continue to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it wilts. Stir in rice noodles.
- Serve pho in wide shallow bowls and top with sliced peppers or jalapeños, fresh herbs and a squeeze of lime juice.