The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Treat yourself to the refreshing flavors of the Caribbean with this weeknight friendly tropical seafood dinner.
Rubbed in a premade jerk seasoning and topped with our light and bright pineapple salsa, these fresh cod fillets are the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Roasted quickly in the oven, serve them on a bed of rice with a side of sauteed snap peas for a complete meal in minutes.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Fresh Cod
- Busha Browne's Jerk Seasoning
- Zatarain's Yellow Rice
- North Bay Produce Sugar Snap Peas
- Christopher Ranch Chopped Ginger
- Heinen's Pineapple Salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Cut slashes in the side of the fish and rub with the jerk seasoning. Make sure the seasoning gets into the slashes.
- Place the fish in the oven until cooked through.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Sauté the sugar snap peas in a pan with some oil. Add the ginger when the sugar snap peas are almost finished cooking.
- Place the cod on top of the rice and top with the pineapple salsa. Serve the sugar snap peas on the side.
- Finish the fish with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice, if desired.