The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Need a new idea to spice up taco night? Take inspiration from a Mexican-inspired appetizer!
Filled with a melty mixture of browned chorizo, green chiles and Mexican cheese, just like a classic Queso Fundido, top these tacos with a few spoonfuls of our fresh pico de gallo for the ultimate appetizer-meets-entrée mashup meal!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Lou’s Bulk Chorizo
- La Preferida Mild Green Chiles
- Heinen’s 4 Cheese Mexican Blend
- La Tortilla Factory Handmade Style Tortillas
- Heinen’s Medium Pico de Gallo
- Heat the oven to 400˚F. Warm the tortillas by placing them directly on the rack. Once removed form the oven, keep the tortillas warm by wrapping them in a clean kitchen towel.
- Cook the chorizo in a hot cast-iron skillet or sauté pan, making sure to break up any large chunks. Turn the heat down to low and add the green chilies.
- Slowly fold in the shredded cheese.
- Serve the fundido in the pan so it stays warm.
- Serve with the tortillas and pico.
- Add fresh cilantro, if desired.