The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
You don’t have to travel down south to enjoy classic Creole flavor!
Made with quick-cooking grits, fresh shrimp and lots of Creole seasoning, this simple spin on a beloved southern comfort food is effortlessly mouth watering.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Fresh Shrimp 16/20 raw, peeled & deveined with tails
- Quaker Quick Grits
- Hunt's Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Zatarain's Creole Seasoning
- Amish Roll Garlic and Herb Butter
- Fresh Scallions
- Cook the grits according to the package instructions.
- Remove the tails from the shrimp.
- While the grits are cooking, sauté the shrimp in a hot pan.
- When the shrimp are almost cooked, add the tomatoes and a pinch or so of Creole seasoning.
- Stir in a pat of butter and pour over the grits.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.