The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Take a bite out of this simple handheld steak dinner!
Steak Frites is a fancy of way of saying steak and fries. This sandwich puts a new spin on this mouthwatering pairing by placing Heinen’s juicy CARE Certified shaved sirloin steak on a fresh and fluffy ciabatta roll with shoestring potatoes and a premade herby citrus aioli. The result is a restaurant quality sandwich that takes only minutes to make.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen's CARE Certified Shaved Sirloin Steak
- Heinen's Ciabatta Rolls
- Heinen’s Muenster Cheese
- Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Herb Aioli
- Mt. Olive Pickled Vidalia Onions
- Pik Nik Shoestring Potatoes
- Place a pan over high heat.
- Toast the ciabatta rolls in the hot pan. Remove the rolls and add a little bit of oil.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper, add it to the pan and cook until brown and crispy.
- Top the steak with the cheese.
- While the cheese is melting, smear the lemon herb aioli on the rolls.
- Using a spatula, place the steak and melted cheese on the rolls.
- Top with the pickled onions and shoestring potatoes before serving.