This post was created by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift. This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s for Dinner?, a weekly meal guide with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
When people ask me how to simplify dinner, I have a handful of go-to suggestions, one of which is to follow this formula: complex carb + vegetable(s) + protein + optional flavor booster (sauce, dip or dressing). Dinner doesn’t need to be complicated, require an abundance of ingredients or take a lot of time to be delicious and nutritious. In fact, I often find the simplest meals to be the most delicious. And sticking with this formula means you’ll end up with a satisfying dinner that provides a variety of essential nutrients.
This recipe for Thai Peanut Chicken Salad is the perfect example of that formula in action. We start with a complex carbohydrate (whole wheat spaghetti), toss in a vegetable (shredded cabbage and carrots) and a protein (pulled chicken), then dress it in a flavorful sauce (Heinen’s amazing Two Brother’s Thai Peanut Sauce). I took things a step further and added a bit more freshness with cilantro and crunch from peanuts.
This recipe is ready in about 20 minutes and requires very little prep. And like all of Heinen’s What’s for Dinner featured recipes, this one went over so well in my house. I know you’ll love it, too.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen’s Pulled Rotisserie Chicken
- Two Brothers Thai Peanut Sauce
- Heinen’s Organic Whole Wheat Spaghetti (half of the 16 oz. box)
- Fresh Express Tricolor Deli Coleslaw
- Matchstick Carrots
- Heinen’s Extra Large Virginia Peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Fresh Cilantro, optional
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked pasta, pulled chicken, slaw mix, carrots and enough dressing to coat.
- Top with chopped peanuts.
- For an extra pop of flavor sprinkle with chopped cilantro.