This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s for Dinner?, a weekly meal guide with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Serve all the flavor of a traditional Chicken Cacciatore in a fraction of the time with the help of a few store-bought shortcuts, like pre-sliced peppers and rotisserie chicken. Swap out the pasta for prepared Cheesy Polenta or toasted baguette slices to keep this even simpler.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 to 6
- 12 oz box whole wheat bow tie pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 12 oz package Heinen's recipe-ready julienne fajita mix
- Heinen's organic marinara sauce (26 oz)
- Rotisserie chicken
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley, grated Asiago cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Set aside.
- Using your hands, remove meat from rotisserie chicken and pull apart into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Heat remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and fajita mix and saute until onions are soft and mushrooms reduce by half, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce and shredded chicken. Bring mixture to a simmer and continue to cook over medium heat until chicken is heated through (if cold), about 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve Chicken Cacciatore over cooked pasta. Garnish with parsley and/or grated cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.