- Total time:
The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Za’atar Roasted Carrots are a nice change from traditional roasted carrots. The earthy za’atar mixed with the fresh parsley adds a nice flavor to the natural sweetness that roasting carrots brings out. Whip these up for a side dish with color and flavor that is sure to impress everyone around the table.
Za’atar Roasted Carrots
- 16 ounces of carrots, left whole if they are small carrots or cut into slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 tablespoons za’atar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, garlic, za’atar, salt and pepper. Add the carrots and toss until the carrots are covered.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and spread the carrots in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the carrots are tender, flipping the carrots over once.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- A drizzle of tahini garlic sauce on top is a delicious addition.
- 2 tablespoons of za’atar can be overwhelming for some. Start with 1 tablespoon and add more as desired.