The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
Who doesn’t love lo mein? I truly don’t think there’s anything better than tender noodles coated in that indulgent sweet and savory Asian sauce!
Now, if you know anything about takeout, you know that it’s not the healthiest thing you could feed your body. But, I’m here to show you that you can enjoy the classic flavors of your favorite Asian dishes with this 15-minute homemade Zoodle Lo Mein!
Made with minimal ingredients, including Heinen’s pre-spiralized zucchini noodles, this comfort food favorite is a better-for-you way to indulge!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp. xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 packages Heinen’s pre-spiralized zucchini or 2 medium-sized zucchinis, made into spirals
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- Sesame seeds
- Whisk the sesame oil, soy sauce and xanthan gum in a bowl until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes until the zucchini just starts to soften.
- Pour the sauce over zucchini and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until the zucchini is softened to your liking.
- Remove from the heat. Divide into 4 bowls and garnish with sesame seeds, fresh chives and shredded carrots. Serve immediately with your with your favorite protein, if desired.