The following article was written by Heinen’s Chief Dietitian, Melanie Jatsek RD, LD.
I’ve witnessed a pleasing trend take place over the past two years: people are taking better care of themselves!
At the hands of a global pandemic, the Club Fx mantra of “food as medicine” is being met with curiosity and an openness to make smarter food choices. In my family alone, efforts were made to eat more veggies, cut back on sugary treats, incorporate immune-strengthening supplements, and manage stress. As a dietitian, nothing makes me happier than seeing a loved one step into their power and take control of their health.
Here are three Fx-approved holiday gift basket ideas for those on your list who have made healthy living a top priority. Feel free to mix and match the items from each category to a create a basket that suits the taste of your recipient!
Snack Lovers Basket
Snacks are a prime opportunity to boost nutrition throughout the day. This basket checks every snack attack craving!
- Nutrition Bars: Raw Rev Glo; Over Easy; Rx; That’s It
- Mamma Chia Squeeze
- Navitas Power Snacks
- Hu Chocolate Bars
- Undercover Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Quinoa Crisps
- Macrolife Naturals Miracle Reds Packet
- Macrolife Naturals Miracle Greens Packet
- Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Packet
- Bare Baked Crunchy Fruit Crisps
- Heinen’s Single Serving Raw Almonds
- Brad’s Kale Chips
- Rhythm Beet Chips
- Mary’s Gone Crackers
- Qi’a Oatmeal Packets
- Rx Nut Butter Packets
Smart Supplementation Basket
It’s easy to get overwhelmed when you explore which vitamins to take. I personally take these five essential supplements recommended by Heinen’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Todd Pesek, MD. I love the Nutritional Roots line (located in Heinen’s Wellness Department) because each supplement is made from proprietary blends of the best organic and sustainably grown functional foods like herbs and mushrooms.
- Nutritional Roots Multivitamin: Contains fermented organic ingredients like spinach, kale and apple cider vinegar.
- Nutritional Roots Vitamin D3 + K2: Optimal vitamin D levels support immune health, cognitive function and bone health.
- Nutritional Roots Iodine: Crafted from sea plants like organic kelp, organic spirulina and organic wakame seaweed, this supplement supports optimal thyroid function, which in turn supports optimal energy, hormone balance and a healthy weight and immune system.
- Nutritional Roots Vegan Omega-3 DHA: Since modern diets and lifestyles expose the body to chronic inflammation, the anti-inflammatory response of omega-3 fatty acids is important for supporting a healthy internal environment. This includes brain, eye, heart and skin health.
- Nutritional Roots Probiotic: Probiotics are foods or supplements containing live bacteria that replace or add to the beneficial bacteria normally present in the gut. This vegan blend is made with soil-based organisms to support improved cognitive function, better digestive function and immune health.
The relaxing effect of diffusing essential oils while soaking in a mineral salt bath sipping soothing tea is the perfect way to help lessen stress.
- Aura Cacia Foam Bath
- Aura Cacia Mineral Bath
- Heinen’s Essential Oils: Dream Blend and Tranquility Blend
- Airome Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- Garden of Life Golden Milk
- Four Sigmatic Mushroom Cacao Mix “Chill”
- Yogi Honey Lavender Stress Relief Tea
- Navitas Matcha tea
- Akron Honey
Take this list to Heinen’s Wellness Department and ask your knowledgeable Wellness Consultant for their recommendations to help you make this a memorable gift your loved one won’t soon forget! Here’s to a happy, healthy holiday season!