The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These family friendly Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes are a delicious twist on two summer favorites!
The star of this recipe is Heinen’s new 50% less sodium and 50% less sugar ketchup! This new condiment tastes exactly the same as its traditional beloved counterpart – you won’t even know it’s healthier!
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs. Heinen’s CARE Certified 90% lean ground beef
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s reduced sugar and sodium ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the white onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped bacon strips, ketchup, water, tomato paste, mustard, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Stir well. Simmer on low for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Top the skillet with cheddar cheese, cover and allow the cheese to melt over the sloppy Joe mixture. Turn the heat off while the cheese is melting.
- Divide sloppy Joe mixture across hamburger buns and serve.
My wife said these were her favorite Sloppy Joes out of all the variations she’s had over the years! Nice and easy to make, too.
Hi Ryan, we are happy that your wife has a new favorite Sloppy Joe! They make a great weeknight dinner.