The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These family friendly Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes are a delicious twist on two summer favorites!
The star of this recipe is Heinen’s new 50% less sodium and 50% less sugar ketchup! This new condiment tastes exactly the same as its traditional beloved counterpart – you won’t even know it’s healthier!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs. Heinen’s CARE Certified 90% lean ground beef
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s reduced sugar and sodium ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the white onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped bacon strips, ketchup, water, tomato paste, mustard, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Stir well. Simmer on low for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Top the skillet with cheddar cheese, cover and allow the cheese to melt over the sloppy Joe mixture. Turn the heat off while the cheese is melting.
- Divide sloppy Joe mixture across hamburger buns and serve.