Recipe and photography provided by Heinen’s contributor, Courtney Holsworth of A Life From Scratch.
With it being the peak of summer and travel plans booking up, it’s the perfect time to share a delicious vacation-themed recipe because as adults we know that even though it’s vacation, the family still needs to be fed.
Today we are going to be building our own pasta bowls. I always make this for my family when we travel and it’s something everyone always loves because it is so easily customizable.
- 1 lbs. pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- 1-2 packages of chicken tenders
- Olive oil
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- A few handfuls of broccoli florets
- A few handfuls cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Coat chicken tenders in olive oil and seasoning. Grill, or cook on the stove, over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool and chop.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400˚F and line baking tray with foil for easy cleanup. Toss whatever veggies you are using in some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes or so.
- Mix cooked pasta with the butter, Parmesan and red pepper flakes.
- Serve pasta, chicken and veggies in separate bowls so people can build their own. Add more Parmesan cheese on the side. Enjoy!