The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Yoko Segawa of Yoko’s Kitchen.
Have your cake and drink it too… literally!
If there’s one dessert I love to bake and eat in the spring, it’s carrot cake, and with all of the dessert-inspired coffee drinks on menus and grocery store shelves today, it felt natural to celebrate the start of the new season with a homemade Carrot Cake Latte!
The main ingredient in this recipe is carrot juice, but don’t worry, the final latte doesn’t taste like you’re drinking carrots. Available packaged in Heinen’s refrigerated section, this carrot juice is complimented by intense espresso, creamy coconut milk, Medjool dates for sweetness and spices for warmth. If you’re caffeine-free or simply not a coffee drinker, you can easily omit the espresso.
Made in only 10 minutes using a blender, the best thing about this drink is that it tastes like dessert, but the ingredients couldn’t be better for you. With this latte as your at-home coffee order, you’re guaranteed to have a spring in your step!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ½ cup Bolthouse Farms carrot juice
- 1 cup Heinen’s coconut milk
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tsp. Heinen’s ground cinnamon, plus more for topping
- ¼ tsp. Heinen’s ground ginger
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 shot espresso
- In a high-powered blender, add the carrot juice, coconut milk, dates, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until warm.
- Pour the mixture into a mug and add the espresso shot. Top with more cinnamon, if desired and enjoy.