The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Cheesy Chicken Apple Bread Pudding is a flavorful fall dish that the whole family will love!
Featuring a toasted loaf of Heinen’s French bakery bread, Gerber’s CARE Certified chicken breasts and Heinen’s shredded mozzarella, this recipe is a scrumptious seasonal twist on classic comfort food. Don’t forget to add crispy sage for a delicious savory garnish!
Cheesy Chicken Apple Bread Pudding
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 loaf Heinen's French bakery bread, cubed
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lb. Gerber’s CARE Certified chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic rosemary
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups Heinen’s shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 20 sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Arrange the bread cubes on a sheet pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until browned. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken cubes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the white onion, apples, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir well and let cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Combine the chicken stock, eggs, heavy cream and 1 cup of mozzarella in a large bowl. Stir well. Add the bread and chicken mixture to the bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the bread pudding mixture into a large, greased baking dish. Top with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and bake for 40 minutes.
- While the bread pudding is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. of butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Set the sage on a paper towel and set aside.
- Top the bread pudding with crispy sage and serve.
Can this be made in the morning & baked just before serving?
Hi Diane, yes this recipe can be made in advance and baked right before serving. We hope you enjoy it!